Friday, July 22, 2005

An EMAIL from Mr. Brown

Thank you Stephen, and you are correct. I should have removed that one adjective.

I am using every ounce of my Christian nature to provide honest and transparent information to everyone, RKLD supporters and foes alike. Sometimes my heartfelt passion for this lake overwhelms my brain. :-)
BC
Dear Mr. Christianson;

I have been an out of state property owner on Lamp Road since 1985. I have followed with interest the saga of the dam and lake levels for many years.

I support the efforts of the RKLD, and applaud and appreciate the work of yourself and your predecessors in organizing the RKLD and establishing its agenda for the betterment of the lake and ecosystem. An observation that I have is that this water level request does not have to be a permanent thing. If it turns out to be the ecological disaster that the Wetlands Association and the DNR says, we can lower the level back to where it was in about five minutes. Why not a trial period of a year or two?

My observation of the tactics of the RKLD have been very positive. They are transparent, and reasoned, even in the face of the political (in the worst sense of the word) and opaque methods of the Wetlands Association.

What really inspired me to write to you was your response to the letter from the Smiths that I saw today on the blog. If you had omitted the characterization of their letter as "smarmy", (which it was) you would have focused the power of a reasoned response much more effectively.

I can only imagine that you are very personally invested in this conflict, but I often find it helpful in these situations to let a response "marinate" for a day before I send it.

Sincerely
Stephen Brown