Thursday, July 21, 2005

An EMAIL from the Smiths

Brian,
Sorry, I don't have the letter or envelope anymore. My wife shredded everything earlier this evening. But you are probably correct, it must have come from a Wetlands owners group as I recall numerous references to wetlands damage if lake levels are raised. The cover letter was attached to the multi-page newsletter that I had seen before from RKLD. Perhaps that is why I thought, without closer observation, that it was additional info from RKLD.

I also received a letter urging a No vote to higher property taxes, and an end to the Districts legal battle against the WDNR from Roger and Margaret Martin. It was very up front and forthcoming about who sent it and why, and I was clear on the author immediately.

I am compelled to tell you that my wife and I are both state employees and more than a little tired of the DNR bashing by local 'experts' throughout the state. I have found employees of the DNR to be educated, professional, scientific and conscientious. And without personal agendas. We will be voting against lining any more lawyers pockets with taxpayer money, chasing a folly.

Sincerely,
Robert & Nancy Smith
N998 Vinnie HaHa Rd.
Fort Atkinson, WI 53538