Saturday, July 16, 2005

An EMAIL From Roger Martin

Brian Christianson:
I am writing as a lake district resident to respectfully express my opinion against the increased tax assessment in next year's budget. I am pro-recreation on the lake, but I do not think increasing our taxes for a lawsuit is a wise use of our money.

We all want cleaner water, better fishing, and better water skiing, but I'm not convinced the proposal will sufficiently improve things to justify the negative effects that may result. I believe it's important to remember that this area was originally a vast marsh, and it may never be possible to turn it into a high-quality resort lake. We need to balance it's natural tendency to be a marsh with our understandable desire for swimming, fishing, and boating.

I fully support alternative methods to increase the navigability and recreational use that do not carry such a high risk of environmental damage. I look forward to working with the district as a helpful contributor on these ideas.

Best Regards,
Roger Martin
N1020 Vinnie Haha Rd
Fort Atkinson, WI 53538
rdogmartin@gmail.com