Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Martin Letter - A Fisherman Responds

What happened to the river and lake I have fished , boated and enjoyed for many years ? When can I take my boat out and not be worried about hitting submerged objects in spots I never had to worry about in years past ? When can I launch my boat in Fort Atkinson and head either upstream to the rapids and beyond or to Kosh without the fear of damaging my boat like I once did ?
Why do I have to tell my 7 year nephew we can't go Catfishing in the good spots not many know about because there's not enough water in the river to get to them ?

I have yet to talk to one person ( And I have talked with many ) who fishes or boats on this system that is pleased with how things are now water level wise.
I guess to sum things up. When can we have our river and lake back ?

Bryan Tupper