Thursday, July 19, 2007

Meet Candidate Ray Lunder

My name is Ray Lunder. I’m 44 years old, live on Bingham’s Point on Lake Koshkonong and work at American Family Insurance Company as an Applications Technology Manager of Information Systems.

In 1999, I was a member of the formation of the original Lake District team. The Lake District was formed and the first board was elected. At that time, I was happy with the current board, and participated with the Lake District as a volunteer, attending all meetings, and created the original Lake District website to help get all of our information out to the general public in a cost effective manner. As time went by, I didn’t agree with the beliefs of some members of the Lake District, so in 2001 I ran for a board position, was elected, and voted by the board to the Secretary position. I am currently the Treasurer after being voted into this position in 2005.

Over the years I have spent on the board, I am very pleased with the way the Board has listened to the constituents of the District, and created Budgets around projects that the members of the district clearly felt strongly about. From the ownership of the Indianford Dam to the current project of creating a stable, static water level for the lake and river system. And as a current board member and Treasurer, I am very pleased that our current budget is calling for a 55% reduction in our special charge, that we feel will support our current projects for the year.

I have been very pleased with the work the board has done in the past, and am looking forward to the continued progress we can make in the future. This is the primary reason for my running for reelection. I’m extremely committed to our current projects, and following them through to completion. I’m also looking forward to potential future projects, and am particularly interested in a possible dredging initiative, and am looking forward to learning everything I can about this technology. A great start will be listening to a presentation on dredging at the 2007 annual meeting.

In summary, it has been my privilege to serve on the board for the past 6 years, and am looking forward to a new term on the board. I feel myself and the board have done an excellent job listening to the desires of our membership in the past, and I know we have worked extremely hard at achieving our mutual goals. I feel the skills and experience I have in my job as Manager greatly enhance my ability to perform as a Lake District board member. I will continue to make decisions based on ALL recreational activity on the lake, and will continue the pursuit of improving the lake and river system as an extraordinary asset to the surrounding community.

I would very much appreciate your vote to continue on the Lake District Board.