Friday, May 27, 2005

DNR Asks for Blog Correction

It is a bit flattering to know the DNR is monitoring both water levels on Lake Koshkonong and our website blog as well. The message below is in response to my earlier posting that the DNR buried their public notice in a Madison newspaper that is not widely circulated among the communities surrounding the lake.
Let me assure you we had no intention of hiding our decision or public notice. That's why we sent the revised order to over a hundred and fifty people who had previously expressed interest in the decision. We specifically mentioned in the cover letter that the notice would be coming out shortly.

In addition to publishing the notice in the Wisconsin State Journal, we also publish the notice on April 29th in both the Daily Jefferson County Union and The Janesville Gazette. I know this for a fact since I placed the order, paid the bill and am in receipt of the proof of publication from both papers.

While we may disagree on the merits of your petition we fully agree that the decision ought to be public and subject to appeal. I know these public notices are easy to miss so I thought I'd set the record straight and give you an opportunity to correct the above information on your web site.