Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Public Feedback

Thank You for your comments and please feel free to respond to the special tax assessment, even if you oppose an increase. We will keep all comments anonymous.

This looks fine to me. The most important point to stress in talking with anyone, and at our meetings, is what Brian mentions below, "this is the final push for nominally higher, stable year-round water levels". This is how we can sell the potential increase in assessments.

This will be the last fiscal year this fight will go on. I think the majority of people won't mind an increase IF they feel this water level issue will be resolved one way or the other, this year. Everyone I've ever talked to, either for or against a higher water level, is in agreement on one thing, to get this issue resolved one way or the other, and soon.

The only way to do this is to keep the pressure on, and demand our day(s) in court. Get the facts on the table, and let a judge decide on the facts, and not on opinion. I
think people would much rather pay a little more this year, and have this done, rather than simply continue on with $50/year with no end in sight.

***

Brian -
I am in favor or whatever it takes to get the lake level raised - I will gladly pay any reasonable increase in fees to the land owners of which I own multiple parcels - In the long run this can only help the economy in our area, make the lake more accessible and fun for the owners and in the long run add substantial value to our properties - I support your hard work and frankly commend it - Thanks

If I can help ion any way, please let me know