Monday, March 17, 2008

What is Wrong with Jefferson County?

Hi Brian,
When you buy property and live on Blackhawk Island you really can't wine about the floods. So I won't. But how in the heck can I get some help convincing Donna Houghgram (Emerg. Mangmt) that we need a "slow, no wake order".

None of the other counties seem to have a problem enacting the necessary language. I know we've been here before. I love high water levels and am a supporter of RKLD positions on such. However, when the water is over my seawall and the river is ready to be ice free I really need some help getting the uninformed or flat out uncaring boaters to cut me some slack on the waves.

The waves are what does the damage, not the high water levels. Can you help? Do you have any contacts? Wouldn't you think that the county would want to protect the property values for the sake of the tax coffers at the least?

Any suggestions appreciated. RKLD does swing some weight in these areas doesn't it? We are a voting block at a minimum. Thanks Brian.
XXX