Saturday, August 25, 2007

Westsidebenny - This Ought to Be Good

Tony-2-chins,
I too am a sucker for the anecdotal. Like say when the whole pier washes away it only makes sense that there are MAJOR troubles with controlling the fluctuations of this lake. I too cannot yet understand how it matters not what level the lake starts at with regards to where it ends up. But I have pledged to study and restudy until I understand.

I will then learn to ignore my eyes and common sense. I guess the judge didn't have time to do this when he rejected all of the "science" and falsely sided on the few at the expense of the many. The only thing I have as yet gleaned from the hydrology study is that the lake will have a tendency to flood by its very nature. How this is an argument for an even higher start point is something I will need to learn.

I have about 150 of 300 pages of the RKLD study left to read. The other studies were much more to the point and are generally of the opinion that raising the lake level would be of little benefit and potentially of much damage.

Not to get anecdotal or unscientific again but so much of the support for higher water focuses on boating near the shoreline. So if we establish a new shoreline what is accomplished but the ability to ding your prop on what should be dry land? Why not stop using tax dollars to fight the ruling and put it towards constructive improvements?

I will have a chronology of events that have led us up to here prepared within a week or two as fishing and work allows. There are some very interesting points from the hearing that do not side favorably with raising the water. Including how the current lake level was established and testimony that ended up thrown out.

Side Note: There are many that are passionate on both sides of this debate. It is important to the lake. If you don't care about anything except the most recent fishing report please note that lake link allows you to review only fishing reports. Select that in your search if you don't want to hear about this. I always check the NO box if I am not reporting about the current bite.

UPDATE:
Well said Westsidebenny!!! If you ding up prop on the rock or Kosh your notusing common sence of boating!!!
One Shot (a duck hunter, no doubt)

UPDATE II
Even using common sense the Mighty Kosh can and will take out your prop.

Last summer I busted off a blade motoring very slowly from Gilberts bay into the river. I was easily 200 ft. out into the lake from the last market buoy on the junk pile and still caught a rock.
Koshkonong Krippler