Thursday, July 05, 2012

Manure on Lake Koshkonong Shoreline??


Brian - 

I have what I believe is manure all along our shoreline. I had the DNR look at it last year and they claimed it was a natural occurrence and not manure. You can clearly see and smell that it is. Do I have any option to try and dredge this out on my own or any other option you can think of. Just about 150  yards to the left of us (looking at the water) the shore seems normal and the water meets rock and looks like a lake. Our area looks like a septic field.

I am just wondering if my only option is to wait or is there some temporary solution.

Thanks,

___________

I would call your county - Rock or Jefferson - health department; possible carry samples there for testing.  I know Rock will test soil for a small charge.

Labels: