Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Raising water on lake is reasonable request

(LTE to Janesville Gazette 12.16.11)

I have a site at Lakeland Camping Resort in Milton, which is on Lake Koshkonong. I have been there 17 years. I had a pontoon boat for 13 years that I rented a pier space each summer over at Charley Bluff. 
It got to be pretty bad when I had to walk the boat out in the lake for a lengthy distance before I could lower the propeller enough to get under way, not to mention all the propellers I had to change. 
It is a big, beautiful lake, and a lot of fun can be had if you do not have to worry about hitting something or the bottom with the propeller out of the water. 
The state and counties receive lots of related revenue, and local businesses around the lake and Rock River take in profits each season. 
I support The Rock-Koshkonong Lake District and believe that the lake level should be kept at the district’s proposed level. 
THOMAS H. STRAINER
 Des Plaines, Ill.

Labels: ,