Monday, August 16, 2010

Response/Replies to the Jefferson Newspaper

Chris -
Who was invited to this meeting from the RKLD Board? Who from the RKLD Board attended?

If "anger directed at the lake district" is your copy, then did you bother to ask the questions above?

"Our farms have been here for over 100 years," one farmer said."

The Dam at Indianford has been there for 150 years.

My anger at your elementary level journalism includes the fact that you never bothered to call the RKLD. No one speaks for the RKLD other than the RKLD.

You have called and we have talked on several occasions in the past - I and my phone number are not foreign to you and your employer.

If you worked for me, I would terminate you immediately for gross negligence.

Brian Christianson
www.RKLD.org
608-884-9444
__________________________

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the e-mail.

While I understand your frustration, I think it is misdirected. If you are upset about the board not being specifically invited, then you should contact Dennis Kutz.

Chris Welch simply covered what was said at the gathering. This was not an instance in which Chris was writing an issue-oriented story and was calling both sides for a point-counterpoint. He simply wrote about what was said and the farmers' comments. It is no different than covering an annual meeting or a town board session ... he just reported on that event.

We have written many stories about the dam, lake level and RKLD through the years and this is the first time I have heard the farmers' concerns. I found it newsworthy. That's why Rep. Jorgensen advised that they speak up at the RKLD meetings.

I would suggest that you write a letter to the editor responding to their concerns, as well as contact Dennis Kutz directly and talk with him. We would be happy to write about future discussions you both have on the matter.

Thanks much,

Chris

Labels: