Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Water Quality Question

Hi Brian,

My husband and I own a home on Lake Koshkonong and greatly appreciate checking your blog daily. We were very fortunate that only our property flooded, our home is high and dry. We are wondering, where and how do we get information about the actual safety of the water for swimming or sailing. We had a significant amount of the blue green algae in the yard and it’s residuewas left as the water slowly retreated. We don’t anticipate being in the lake any time soon, but many of us are wondering about the presence of sewage. Is it still there? How long will that take to pass through?

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

Susan Moran

________________________

Susan – thanks for the compliment and your email. I wish I could answer those questions.

I have not heard any updates from either the county public health departments or the sanitary districts regarding water quality.

My simple advice is to stay out of the water until the newspapers begin to report their updates regarding water quality issues.

When testing and updates are public, we will be sure to post on the website for all.
Thanks again.
Brian Christianson