Monday, July 14, 2008

Blackhawk Island Road Question

Brian, thank you very much for maintaining this website, it has been and continues to be very beneficial to me.

My wife and I have a home on Black hawk Island, for about 30 years.

Saturday, on returning from a vacation in Northern Wisc., we came down 106 and seen the barricades still across Black hawk Island Road.

It would be of a great help if your site could let it be known when the road would be open to car traffic, to the Black hawk Club.

I would like to see my house and the damage the flooding caused as soon as the road is passable.

As you know, one we get there, there will be considerable work, not only cleaning but contacting the Insurance Company and all that it requires.

Thank you again for your web-site

Jim and Donna McEvoy
_____________________________

I will be talking to Donna Haugom, Jefferson County emergency management director, and I will try to get an answer for you.
Thanks for the compliment!
_____________________________

The short answer is water spills over the road at 10.0' and for them to watch

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wi/nwis/uv?cb_00065=on&cb_00045=on&format=html&period=7&site_no=05427235