Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Feedback VII

I encourage RKLD to shift its efforts to something that most of us can agree on, such as improving the quality of the water so that the fish are safer to eat.

The state says it may be unsafe for me to eat (as a woman) Muskie in any quantity and more than 8 ounces per month of walleye, pike, and a bunch of others. Eight ounces is hardly anything!

Let's do something about it. Isn't this something we can all support, including the wetland lovers? That way *everyone* feels they are getting their tax dollar's worth.

Catch more flies with honey, you know... I don't mind you raising my taxes, but I don't feel the money would be wisely spent on further appeals.
Happy spring,
Anne
_____________________________________________

Posted by JimP
The carp are being sold for human consumption throughout the US and contain no Heath Advisory.

The original link I provided is this one

http://dnr.wi.gov/fish/consumption/Fish%20Advisory%2007%20PCBs.pdf

and clearly shows that the Rock River & Koshkonong are not listed in the Health Advisory for Human Consumption.

Is there a change that fish may be contaminated in the future, certainly, but for now it is not.