Monday, May 26, 2008

DJ's Shortstop - Milton (Charlie's Bluff)

Another Blog Post HERE

This Memorial Day weekend, Heide and I were on the hunt for a good burger and fries. We hopped on the teal and cream Harley and headed for my old bartender friend Dan's place out Charlie's Bluff way. DJ's Shortstop I had visited a couple weeks ago for a good fish fry. In the spirit of the World Wide Web audience, Charlie's Bluff is an area not far from Milton, Wisconsin in a neighborhood on Lake Koshkonong.

Just as with the fish fry, our cheese burgers were put together with a "thoughtful" presentation. Because I work weird hours in the media world, my afternoon burgers were my first meal of the day. And therefore, because I was hungry I ordered onion rings and mushrooms. I believe the onion rings were beer battered. And the breaded mushrooms really hit the spot. The burgers came with flavored fries as well. There were such a heap of crispy fries we could not finish them.

DJ's is out in lake country. I grew up not far down the road as the crow flies. We finally got Heide out to Dan's. She could not join me when went there for fish. It is a culture we share as she grew up in lake country of Walworth County. With tip and sodas we got out of there for under 25 Bucks.

Give DJ's a try - they are cool with Cool Dadio - I am betting you will not be disappointed. You will find them at 11601 North Lake Street out on Charlie's Bluff off Lake Koshkonong. Call (608) 868-5855 for more information.