Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Slow-No Wake Question III

Brian, I spoke with many people this week-end about the water levels & the no wake zones. The odd thing was that someone has portrayed the RKLD as the group that is responsible for posting no wake signs & that the RKLD has not been doing it's job. My guess is the DNR is spreading this rumor, which is making many property owners angry as they are having there homes splashed with water.

I explained that it is not the RKLD's responsibility & then people asked why & who should be doing it. Do you know who is responsible, is it really the DNR as we suspect & our they avoiding the issue just to annoy people effected by the high water ??? Many people were very upset. Pls. advise.

Thanks for the info. I should probably address this on the website and in an e-newlsetter. It is the county sheriff’s responsibly. The Lake District has never been a law enforcement entity. The DNR enforces permanent and regular, seasonal no-wakes. But the county has always enforced the temporary periods of high water. It is just an issue of whether the county sheriff’s depts are inclined to put a boat in the water.
Brian Christianson

Thx Brian, I think this is another issue that needs to be moved back up to the front burner. I was surprised to see how much debris was pushed up against the back of my house by the wake. My house never floods but it does get splashed by wake when the water is high. I will explain this to the people I spoke with that it is the sheriffs responsibility.