Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Response to the Porter Letter to the Editor

Brian,
I read the letter from the Porter family in the Edgerton Reporter over the weekend and was not going to respond until I saw it in the blog.

I was quite surprised by the entire letter. The homeowners, vacationers and some environmentalists have organized to form and effective group to improve Lake Koshkonong. The Lake District.

I do not recall any meeting of the District that the Board promoted” ever more development” as better for our lake. The Board has worked with the DNR to preserve our Lake and the water quality. I would speculate that the approximately $80,000.00 in grants the Lake District received for the protection of wetlands was one of the largest improvements ever done to improve the lake.

I would also mention the Lake District has also worked with professional engineers to study and evaluate the entire lake and river system to a greater degree than has ever been done by anyone.

The talk of “self serving anti-environmental lawsuit” is greatly disturbing. Have these homeowners ever attended a annual meeting? The support by members of the district has been overwhelming in support of the Board of Directors action.

I would like to suggest anyone who is a member of the district that has concerns come to a Board meeting or the Annual Meeting and voice their opinions. I am proud of the Lake District and its efforts to work with everyone to improve Lake Koshkonong and the Rock River.
Ed Sandner